Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to the back again, as per my original rear wash problem I discovered a loose connection that stopped the rear wash working. I now found the water line to be completely dry. I chased the line back to the start of the pump and suspect that the water inlet may be blocked. I am going to remove the wash resovoir and see if I can get a better look. Is this a good idea? Or any suggestions ( re priming ) wins you a pint of plain in the pub of your choice in Ireland.:beer: ( Terms and conditions apply to qualify for the pint: You must be over seventy and accompanied by both parents)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cant help with the rear wash, never had that problem. I had a 93 over in England that I took over there and the ignition switch locked up on me. Are you anywhere near Clare?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, the screws mounting the botle onto the inner wing will be a total pain in the rear to get out! - in the end I just left mine, took the threee pumps out (by breaking my forearm in several places.. :eek: ) and bunged my jet waher in there.... :lol: It got all of the slime and crap and washed it out of the pump mounting holes, I then cleaned the pumps up and re-fitted the whole lot thinking everything would be well - its not the pumps for main and rear are worn out and need to be renewed (how it passed its last MOT is beyond me - I would have failed it straight away! :dunno: )

Anyhooo good luck - get the nut splitter ready for those mounting bolts......

Bri
:beer:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaysus, Mr. Hayes had the same problem in his manual, I think I'll just buy a sponge! :bawling: By the way, Hurky67 (I'm from Wicklow). Does your 93 bus need a tow or something!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts