Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MG
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel pump finally gave up (just like my "new" indie mechanic said it would).

I'm on the prowl for the OEM part, as it appears to be somewhat difficult to replace the insides. While I'm in the fuel tank changing this out, is there anything else I can be doing?

Back to the tequila bottle (again)...

·
Registered
5,468 Posts
WTF Gue?? Your truck seems to be like a nagging wife, always has something bad to say! Sorry for your troubles there. I cannot think of anything to replace while you are in there - I don't think there is anything else in there! Maybe replace the fuel filter? (D1 located in the rear fender well passenger side). I can't remember if you have a D1 or D2.

·
MG
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the support guys.

I guess the real issue with the Beast is that I have not paid the proper care and attention to it until now, so it doesn't surprise me that it has these problems...

·
MG
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Beast is back!

This time I didn't get off so easily. The mech had to change out the fuel pump and filter and intall a seal kit in the power steering pump. While it was down, they also took apart the u-joints and prop shafts to get some grease in them.

Parts $320, labor $145 - all money well spent.

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.