Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife and are LR newbies but we have the opportunity to buy a very very clean 1996 Discovery. Stats are SD model with 62k we have records from the seller for every transaction every single one including gas (always 93 Octane and all oil changes using synthetic. Clean Carfax. The guy only drove this car to work. He has an M5 for "driving" or so he says

The seller upgraded to a 5 disc CD/MP3 changer and changed all speakers with some pretty nice Alpines, custome tinting all all windows, Billstein Shocks, OME steering stablizer, KnN lifetime airfiler, magnecor ignition wires. Plus the truck just got new breaks and tires.

All of this for 8k. In your opinion does this represent a good deal, is there anything we should look for or be weary of?

The seller also has a set of crome wheels plus spare (total of 5) with Michelin Synchrone Tires for $1500. Whats your opinon on those?

Thanks all help is very much appreciated!

Robbie

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Where is the vehicle located? I ask because if it's in the NE you might have some rust issues. If it's in the South or out West you probably won't.

Check for leaks (steering box, main seal, swivels, etc). Check the B pilar and floorboards. Also check to see if all lights (ABS, SRS, etc) light up when you turn the ignition to position 1.

Just to give you an idea, I paid $6,500 for a 96 D1 with 88k miles here in the NE (3 years agao). I had to replace the rear muffler, tires (I went to 265/75 BFG ATs), valley gasket and a few other minor parts. BTW, I do all the work myself.

Just my experience.

Good luck,

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts