Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lights illuminating the buttons on my Disc II 2004 AC/Heater Controler are no longer coming on when lights are turned on. There is no way I have found to replace the light(s) or strip that lights them in the module. In effort to correct the problem I have installed three replacement modules but no joy for working lights but all are operating the AC/Heater correctly and the screen showing the temperature and control operations is working fine. This indicates the issue is something else.. All other dash lights are working correctly. Is there a fuse or connector that I can check for this problem. All connectors to the module look to be in good shape and the wiring behind the module all looks ok without checking each individual wires yet. I have looked at most of the fuses under the dash and under the hood and all seem to be ok but would like to check fuse and connector specific to this light in this module. I have checked the repair manual but do not see exactly the wiring for this specific light in the AC/Heater module. It may be there but I have not found it yet. Anyone that can help or advise would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
The feed for the illumination is coming on a red/brown wire into connector C0791 -5 so check if you get feed there, if not the problem is more likely in a header joint which is behind the instrument pack C0751 -1 or between this and the aircon unit connector, as ultimate bodge if you can't fix it you can rewire a feed from there to the unit on that path.(connector views attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
The lights illuminating the buttons on my Disc II 2004 AC/Heater Controler are no longer coming on when lights are turned on. There is no way I have found to replace the light(s) or strip that lights them in the module. In effort to correct the problem I have installed three replacement modules but no joy for working lights but all are operating the AC/Heater correctly and the screen showing the temperature and control operations is working fine. This indicates the issue is something else.. All other dash lights are working correctly. Is there a fuse or connector that I can check for this problem. All connectors to the module look to be in good shape and the wiring behind the module all looks ok without checking each individual wires yet. I have looked at most of the fuses under the dash and under the hood and all seem to be ok but would like to check fuse and connector specific to this light in this module. I have checked the repair manual but do not see exactly the wiring for this specific light in the AC/Heater module. It may be there but I have not found it yet. Anyone that can help or advise would be welcome.
I had the same problem. Sometimes when I detached the face and snapped it back on, some of the lights would come on again. One time, I just stuck something in the side like I was going to release the face, and the lights started working again. Usually I could never get the temp control switches to illuminate. I finally got a different set of the internals behind the removable face from a junker, swapped into my original and now all the lights work as they should. It's just a fault in the electronics attached to the detachable face.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the same problem. Sometimes when I detached the face and snapped it back on, some of the lights would come on again. One time, I just stuck something in the side like I was going to release the face, and the lights started working again. Usually I could never get the temp control switches to illuminate. I finally got a different set of the internals behind the removable face from a junker, swapped into my original and now all the lights work as they should. It's just a fault in the electronics attached to the detachable face.
I now have four of these modules.. but unclear how to "snap" the face off.. sounds like this can be done by using thin element on the side of the module but I have been unable to figure this out.. any little help here would be appreciated.. I am still miffed at how I can have four different modules all with exactly the same problem so in the end I think it is most likely the wiring as Chubbs878 has described but since it seems easier - want to check out taking the face off and cleaning and putting back on first.. thank you for this "fix" as well..

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Better re-read post nr. 2 cos there's your answer .... the D2's factory fitted aircon unit doesnt have a detachable face in the first place.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
May be but likely Chubbs878 was referring to this AB video. Might work and don't knock it till you try it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=savH5ne6M7k
That video was published in 2012, i've replaced bulbs in my aircon unit way before that ;).... and IMO it has nothing to do with this case as long as the OP said:
DiscoIIDrew said:
...In effort to correct the problem I have installed three replacement modules but no joy for working lights ...
... ald that whole aircon unit officially named "ATC ECU" is not a "detachable face" nor has one IMO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.