Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
You should buy an upgraded one with the appropriate greaseable u-joints. A stock prop shaft is just going to fail again.

They can be had right around the $300 mark.

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
I have genuine front driveshafts for DII's. They are $100 plus shipping. Whenever I sell one I do so with the proviso that the shaft be rebuilt. I part out dozens of DII's every year. I can't tell you how many I buy have had the front shaft explode (the u-joint or worse the ball joint in the double cardon unit locks up) taking out the transmission. Rebuilding is cheap and worthwhile insurance. Land Rover chose to make the front driveshaft on these models non-serviceable. As a result, they have a definite lifespan and when you exceed it bad things happen.

If you want me to rebuilt one for you, complete with three greaseable u-joints (made in the USA) and a new ball joint (made in the USA) the cost is $325 plus shipping. Yes, you might be able to buy a rebuilt one cheaper elsewhere but I value my time and labor so it's factored into the cost.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Cheers,
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.