Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Disco II have a replaceable fuel filter? I was at the parts store and picked one up(what the book said) and went to replace it looking for it in the same place where the one on our 96' was and couldn't find it. I crawled all around the underside of the 99' but no luck. Is it hidden somewhere or does it not have one?
Thanks

·
Registered
454 Posts
According to the shop manyual and Rovernorth catalog the Discovery IIs don't have an inline fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
No D2's don't have one and probably should.
Mike J.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Diesel Full Flow Filter should be replaced at 36k and 72k. Located at the rear of the vehicle on the right looking at the vehicle from the rear. Behind the wheel. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Roger_Needham said:
Diesel Full Flow Filter should be replaced at 36k and 72k. Located at the rear of the vehicle on the right looking at the vehicle from the rear. Behind the wheel. Hope this helps.
That's only the TD5 though

·
Registered
22 Posts
"Maybe it should have one"

It is very common to find some recent models of automoviles that doesn't have fuel filter (in gasoline engines)
You will find as well, lots of people that will say "It should have one".
Well, I'm one of that guys.
I own a repair shop, and i've performed fuel filters adaptations several times on many japs and euro models.
The conversion is very simple, cheap, and normally will not compromise the good performance of the system.
I recomend it to my costumers 'cause of the bad quality of the fuel delivery in my community.
You simply have to find a good quality filter with a properly size and delivery rate, also, it is very important to check that it will support the pressure rate of the fuel system, so u will need some factory info.
Normally I use Nissan VG30 engine type fuel filter in big size engines. (Sorry don't have serial # right now) Anyway, it can't be very difficult to find a good application for your car, I have never made the conv' in LR, but i'm pretty sure that will be as simple as any oter modern car.
You will need a good craftsman, because he will have to plan the ubication, and improvise with common sence and knowledge.
Some cheap hardware and hoses will be enough for a safe and fuctional conversion.

Hope will be helpfull.

Cheers. :buttrock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts