Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is a great site with plenty of helpful people. I’ve learned a lot reading past replies. However I finally have a question of my own.

I have a 1999 Disco II, which has a hesitation at low rpm’s, usually when starting out from a stop. Some times it hesitates at part throttle during acceleration. Once or twice it has even backfired.

I have replaced the plugs, air filter, changed oil and filter, began using a higher octane fuel, all to now avail. It seems like a fuel problem to me. However it could be a sensor acting up. No check engine lights or service engine soon lights. There are no codes to read. I just found out that there is no external fuel filter to change.

So, the question is…Where do I look next. If anyone has any knowledge of this type of problem, I would like to know what you did to sort it out. Could It could possibly be an in-tank filter prob? Please be as detailed as possible.

Thanks again for all the help.

Cheers
:beer:

· Registered
61 Posts
It sounds like you might have a clog or bad injectors, try running sea foam though a tank of gas to see if that clears out your injector, or you can get a fuel system cleaning from brakemasters, jiffylube, or some place like that.

· Registered
590 Posts
When was teh last time your fuel filter was changed?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fuel filter changed last

Well, I had suspected that the fuel filter might need changing, so I went to the local parts house, and they sold me an inline fule filter for a disco II. I took it home and searched all over for the filter, and could not find one. I read past posts on this site, and discovered that my discovery does not have an inline filter.

To answer your question, I have never replaced the intank filter. I just purchased this machine a few months ago, and suspec that the previous, origonal owner, never changed it either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.