Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Disco II with 18" rims. I want to put bigger off road tires on it and need to lift a minimum of 2". I have been looking at coil spring spacers to use with the stock coils and the OME coil upgrades available.

Anyone have luck with spacers or should I just go with an OME kit?

Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't forget your driveshafts and brake lines. . . . .

I used the the OME heavy-duty springs on my Discovery. (96') I got the most HD spring that I could find @ the time as I have plans of hanging alot of heavy equipment on it. It raised it enough that I wore out the second rotoflex joint in about 6 weeks. I put in a u-jointed driveshaft @ that point & have had no trouble since. I now plan to put in some spacer blocks, but I need to change to longer brake lines first. The ride is still comfortable, although stiffer, but it really hauls a load well. Do you have the air ride rear suspension or ace? I'm sure that would make a difference in what you would be able to do. Thank You, LRW :wave:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I seem have the only SE7 without the air ride/ace... Doe this make a difference when selecting a lift?

LRWheelman said:
I used the the OME heavy-duty springs on my Discovery. (96') I got the most HD spring that I could find @ the time as I have plans of hanging alot of heavy equipment on it. It raised it enough that I wore out the second rotoflex joint in about 6 weeks. I put in a u-jointed driveshaft @ that point & have had no trouble since. I now plan to put in some spacer blocks, but I need to change to longer brake lines first. The ride is still comfortable, although stiffer, but it really hauls a load well. Do you have the air ride rear suspension or ace? I'm sure that would make a difference in what you would be able to do. Thank You, LRW :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Spacers do nothing to improve the ride both on or off road, all they do is lift the vehicle on it's old tired shocks and springs. None of the people I wheel with use spacers unless they have already gone to springs and shocks first because they don't help off the road.
Go to OME's, like 751 front colis and their rear equals and get the lift you are looking for as well as a much better ride.
Mike J.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.