Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Apologies if this has previously been asked, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Just wondering if it is possible to change the front lights on a Disco I to the Disco II or III.

Many thanks

Wicklah

·
Registered
47 Posts
wicklah said:
Just wondering if it is possible to change the front lights on a Disco I to the Disco II or III.
Quick question. Why exactly do you want to change the front lights? Are you looking to freshen up the look of your truck, or do you need brighter lights? When I first got my truck, my first thought was to get the '03/'04 lights and modify my truck because I wasn't satisfied with the brightness of my headlights. After seeing the amount of work and cost involved, I decided to first try some brighter bulbs. I tried the philips super bright first. They were not bright at all. Then I bought some bulbs for $19 each at R&S/Strauss (not sure of the brand, I will find out and post it later) and my headlights became super bright. I am very happy with the brightness I get right now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the 2 updates so far.

To be honest, I'd just like to enhance the look of it (1997 commercial). They look fine but I prefer the newer lights. They are bright enough as it is so I don't need to replace the bulbs.

Wicklah

·
Registered
47 Posts
wicklah said:
Thanks for the 2 updates so far.

To be honest, I'd just like to enhance the look of it (1997 commercial). They look fine but I prefer the newer lights. They are bright enough as it is so I don't need to replace the bulbs.

Wicklah
I agree. I also like the look. But for me, I don't have enough time to do the job. If you decide to do it, please take pictures. I would love to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great stuff, thanks a million. Might do it, have to fix my aerial first, some little scumbag broke it off a few months ago and I haven't gotten round to doing it.

Wicklah

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Think I'm confused about this actually.

I have seen a lot of Disco 2 models (02-04) with the newer type lights, the ones with the circular sections in them for the individual lights.

Is it possible to fit these to the Disco 1?

Thanks

·
Registered
709 Posts
I converted my 2000 DII to the newer headlamps. It takes a bit of cutting to modify them into place. I don't know if the cost is worth it on a DI though... Not only do you need to cut out the radiator support, but you will need to fabricate the fenders as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.