Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A 1999 Disco Ii And Since It Has Turned Summer I Pretty Much Run My A/c All The Time But When I Turn It Off And My Vehicle Is Idling My Temperature Needle Goes Up And My Red Warning Light Comes On. Just Yesterday I Was Driving Down The Road With A/c On And The Air Comming Out Got Really Warm And My Temp. Gauge Started Rising.
Anyone Have Any Ideas.

Please Help

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Engine overheating problems are mostly caused by lose of radiator coolant. This is usually a result of a leak somewhere in the system. Have you checked your coolant level? If it is low, top it up and start the engine. Allow it to heat up and observe if you can see any water leaks. Check visually the radiator, radiator hoses, also check thoroughly the expansion tank as it's been known to leak, sometimes from underneath where you would be least likely to check. If all this seems in order, have the system pressure tested before you change out things like thermostats, however, don't allow the overheating to go on for any period of time as this will lead to more serious problems.
Lets know how you make out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.