Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I was watching my Trek '00 video last night and I started to wonder on the specs on these special edition models besides the standard specs that we all know.
If someone can illustrate me on this it will be great. Was this a stock truck with a winch and bigger tires? I know all standard specifications, I am interested on the additional stuff that Land Rover added on.

Thanks

Figman
'01 SE7 with ACE

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just found this at:
DIFFLOCK.com - TREK USA vs CAMEL TROPHY

"The Discovery Series II TReK models are not completely stock, however. They were built with several additional components for the TReK 2000 event. The specification list includes special interior trim; a wraparound front brush bar; a distinct front bumper and grille; a front-mounted winch; four (4) Hella driving lamps and two (2) rear-mounted work lights. Also present are a rear-mounted ladder; and a full-length steel roof rack with a steel mesh platform; Rock Sliders for sill protection; a Hi Lift Jack mounted on the rear spare tire; upgraded front coil springs; rear lamp guards; rubber floor mats; and a cargo mat. The Discovery Series II TReK wears a striking Molten Orange and Black paint scheme and is shod with 245/75R-16 BF Goodrich Mud Terrain tires."

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting.... I want it! How many did they start with, 15? talk about rarity! Any one know if they actually ever sold them off? It's amazing what you can find on this site, and others, if you just dig, huh?

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
There was one made for every country that participated in the event and once in a rare time you might see one. A friend of mine brought one into the states 5 years ago from his country and if was a real eye catcher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.