Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My 2002 Discovery II will not heat up in the cab. I have made sure that I do not have an air lock. Took the over flow bottle loose and held it high with the bleeder open. I took it for a cruise and it only blew Luke warm air. I checked the top radiator hoses and they were warm/hot to the touch. However the bottom hose was cold to the touch. Do you think it is time for a new rad, thermostat or heater core? The heater core does not leak out onto the floor.
Thanks!
Brent

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
That lower hose is usually cooler then the rest.
After bleeding it and letting it cool down, where was your coolant level, be exact, when did you last change your t/stat and are you getting any water boise from behind the dash?

·
Barely Mechanically Inclined
12 Posts
Mike, sorry to butt in, but I am having similar symptoms. I don't know when the thermostat was changed, I hear a gurgling sound from behind the dash (thought it was trapped water somewhere underneath), and my cab also barely heats up. My levels are fine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Mike,
No water noise coming from under the dash. I bleed the system as i have been instructed to do from you in the past. Bleeder out and bottle held high. I am sure I do not have a air pocket. After I fill the bottle to the neck it will be about an 1/8" down into the wider part of the overflow bottle. I changed the t-stat last year and purchased it from Atlantic British. The other night I heated a pan of water and had the "old" t stat in it. Opened fine and closed fine. I was thinking about replacing the t-stat again but this is getting crazy. Do you think that I need to replace the rad? The disco is an O2 and about 2-1/2 years ago it had steel seal in it to band it. It has since had a double head job with heads decked new head bolts the whole nine yards. I have flushed and flushed and flushed again rad and heater core.
Thanks for your time.
Brent Ohl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.