Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello rover people

I have a 2000 Disco II that is not starting. I have read a lot of other posts that are very similar to mine. I just could not find a solid answer for what fixed it. So please give some advice.

The Disco ran very well with no codes or any other issues. A few weeks ago, the last time I drove it, it was good. I went to the mountians stayed a while, when I started it to go home it fired up and stalled. Then started fine and I went home with no issues. I had a few start and stops with no problem. A few weeks later (yesterday) it would not start.

20k on complete top end rebuild including camshaft lifters heads ect...

Starter turns just fine but will not fire up
Battery is charged
I just installed a new Bosch crank sensor today
It has spark
I tried a different fuel pump relay
I pulled the pump and bench tested it, seems to run fine
Tested power at the pump and it does Not prime with the ignition on, it seems to have power while the starter is spinning but the pump does not spin
The fuel cutoff switch was not triggered, I will try to bypass tomorrow

Any other ideas?

· Registered
1,166 Posts
Hello rover people

I have a 2000 Disco II that is not starting. I have read a lot of other posts that are very similar to mine. I just could not find a solid answer for what fixed it. So please give some advice.

The Disco ran very well with no codes or any other issues. A few weeks ago, the last time I drove it, it was good. I went to the mountians stayed a while, when I started it to go home it fired up and stalled. Then started fine and I went home with no issues. I had a few start and stops with no problem. A few weeks later (yesterday) it would not start.

20k on complete top end rebuild including camshaft lifters heads ect...

Starter turns just fine but will not fire up
Battery is charged
I just installed a new Bosch crank sensor today
It has spark
I tried a different fuel pump relay
I pulled the pump and bench tested it, seems to run fine
Tested power at the pump and it does Not prime with the ignition on, it seems to have power while the starter is spinning but the pump does not spin
The fuel cutoff switch was not triggered, I will try to bypass tomorrow

Any other ideas?

You say the fuel pump is not priming or spinning while cranking? I'd say that's a good place to start.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bypassed the pump relay and it runs fine. I started and ran the truck with the relay bypassed. Turned it on and off a few times.
Then re installed the relay and now it works fine. It primes in the key on position and runs great.
Now the Fuel guage is dead...

Any ideas why this made this truck work again or whe the fuel guage stopped?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.