Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a debated topic in another forum, so I thought why not let the ball roll here and hear some opinons. :rolleyes: Yes, for those of you that didn't know it, some Disco ll's are equipped with power-folding mirrors.Don't know about Disco l's though.You just put the mirror control switch in the intermediate position, push it down, and voila!!!
That option was available on some european-specs. Discos and japanese market(JDM) ones AFAIK.Don't know of anyone in the US with ones equipped yet.The reason I brought in this thread is because at another forum this discussion went into a no-end final, as in order to fit the power-folding option, you will need another mirror ECU, the debate was that in the Rave, they were non- specific as to where and how to plug that ECU, and to whether you need testbook to activate the option afterwards.Some members stated that their Disco's came pre-wired for that, so they went ahead, bought the folding mirrors from e-bay and had them working in a matter of minutes.That would be a very nice thing to have, particularly the ones of you that do heavy off-roading.Any opinions??? :confused
Carlos

·
Registered
321 Posts
Personally i don't see the need for it, just stick your hand out, grab and pull in. way i see it, it's just another peice of electronic device that might fail and will cost you $$ in parts and time fixing.
No offence, just my 2 cents
take care
sam

·
2,986 Posts
If the cost isnt too expensive I definitely could see it useful on the tight trails we have here in NJ.. it becomes a pain to fold them in while going down the trail, and then if i have to turn around I like to pop them back out so i can watch all angles of my truck.. let me know if you find out any more info

·
Registered
29 Posts
dent said:
Personally i don't see the need for it, just stick your hand out, grab and pull in. way i see it, it's just another peice of electronic device that might fail and will cost you $$ in parts and time fixing.
No offence, just my 2 cents
take care
sam
You do not think it would be great to fold the right hand side mirror when you go near a tramway on Dundas street ? (or is it on University ?)
Souvenir of vacation !

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still doing more research on my free time, (which is quite limited), on the power folding mirrors stuff.Yesterday I really thought of a good use as I was pulling in into an automatic car wash and had to get out of my seat, go to the passenger's seat, in order to reach and fold the pass. side mirror.Not any harm dome by the washer, but just being cautious.Sometimes I'm a bit paranoid about my truck, considering how cheap the replacement parts are. :rolleyes:
Carlos

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm very surprised that you don't have the auto folding mirrors, as you seem to have all of the other options available that us Euro's don't.
The auto folding mirrors came as standard on my HSE yet the only way I could get the DVD and big cup holders was through eBay.
I would guess that LR have decided that us Euro's have narrow roads so need the folding mirrors more often and that as most journeys we make are relatively short that we don't need big cups of coffee.
Does kind of rub you that LR make these god-like decisions without consulting their sponsors (us). :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.