Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I tell the difference from a Disco I and Disco II?? I'm looking at a 1999 which should be a II but it sure looks like a I. I have a VIN. Thanks!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
How can I tell the difference from a Disco I and Disco II?? I'm looking at a 1999 which should be a II but it sure looks like a I. I have a VIN. Thanks!!

‘99 could be either. Are the door handles square and inset into the doors. Or are they shocking out like from the door like a more traditional handle?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
A stock Discovery I is taller than a stock Discovery II.

A stock Discovery I is also better off-road than a stock Discovery II.

·
Expert Crate Digger
161 Posts
I prefer both but from my own experience:
My sold Disco 1: no electrical faults (less computer units), had more leaks from sunroof and rear side window rubber molds crack at corners, front seat controls kept breaking off, better MPG than my Disco 2, easy to work on, the automatic gear shift indicator strip tends to tear apart after time, rear boot door hinge seized up and broke, easily adjust distributer with a timing light

My now Disco 2: Way more electrical faults with 3 amigos/M&S flashing lights/SRS light/11 fault codes all at once/XYZ faults... (the Nanocom is a God send!), less water leaks, roar of 4.0L V8 sounds sexy af but MPG sucks royally, stock front diff can grenade if not lubed correctly or replaced with a beefier diff, clear coat paint tends to degrade away looking like a bald spot on roof, SAI system plumbing is the DEVIL!, PITA to get to ignitor coils behind V8 engine.

·
very disco
543 Posts
there are many distinguishing characteristics of DI/DII

both great trucks. in my prime, i had a 94 and an 03 at the same time, and they were both equally valuable in my rotation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts