Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck overheated today and was in the red. I let it sit for a few hours and then drove it around for 25 minutes and the temp was normal. What would cause this? 2003 Disco, 132k

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
First, if it went into the red, it is not OK so don't drive it again until you can have it fixed.
How mechanical are you, can you follow directions or do you need to get it to a mechanic?Take me seriously on this, if you head the red, you were at around 260 degrees and that can toast your engine.
If you want some help with this, send me your number and I'll call you tomorrow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heading out of town all weekend, so I won't be able to do anything with it right now. As long as it is not major issues, I can probably do the work on my own. Just wondering why the temp would be fine when driving around all morning, then overheat in the afternoon, then be fine again later that night.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I sure hope you are not planning on taking the truck!!!

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You want help and don't know how to deal with this problem, send me your number and I'll walk you thru what to do and check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Talked to a friend who works on landrovers. He suggested it had airlocked so I bled the cooling system until I had a solid stream coming into the over flow tank and that seemed to work. I didn't have any leakage anywhere under the hood. Does that sound like a reasonable explanation? Thanks for the offer of your help.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
You do have a coolant leak or you would not have had air in the coolant system.
If you want help with finding the problem before it happens agin, send me your number and I can walk you thru what to do .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.