Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
100 quids for a days work son..
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the few times I went off roading in Hollister California I pull up the Rangers station to pay the $4 ( entrance fee ) I had this meet, how cool can it get ehhy. It's good to know another Rover is watching over you..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow.,.. that's really cool.

siam said:
So one of the few times I went off roading in Hollister California I pull up the Rangers station to pay the $4 ( entrance fee ) I had this meet, how cool can it get ehhy. It's good to know another Rover is watching over you..

·
Registered
15 Posts
I often looked at that Disco with envy as I entered or exited Hollister, now I tow my toys with one. Stoked.

P.S. it's $5 to get in now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ranger

I am not quite sure what a Ranger does, but seven fairy lights on the roof strikes me as a little excessive. Presumably it is safe to assume that the vehicle also carries a vertiable arsenal of lethal weapons, which leaves me a little worried about who one is likely to meet in the countryside down your way.

·
LRO Founder
2,006 Posts
Kevanch,

Actually the Park Rangers do not carry weapons. They do not have the same powers as police officers. They have powers of arrest (just like any ordinary citizen) however there are no weapons in that vehicle.

You'll see Sheriff's Deputies working in parks, and they carry weapons as they are fully sworn personnel.

Serg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kevanch said:
I am not quite sure what a Ranger does, but seven fairy lights on the roof strikes me as a little excessive.
My guess is that an officer needs that many light to get the attention of those of us tooling around on two-strokes and the like.

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beauregard , I see you made it in here from BARF :buttrock: ( bayarearidersforum.com ) for the folks who don't ride motorbikes $5 isn't soo bad. So you still need those tires for your Disco ? And Rangers no guns? Weak ! hehe

·
Registered
15 Posts
siam said:
Beauregard , I see you made it in here from BARF :buttrock: ( bayarearidersforum.com ) for the folks who don't ride motorbikes $5 isn't soo bad. So you still need those tires for your Disco ? And Rangers no guns? Weak ! hehe
Yeah, not doing allot of riding right now. I high-sided turn 4 @ Buttonwillow and broke my arm/wrist/elbow so I'm done racing for the rest of the season.

Were you selling the Big-Ass Swampers? If so I'm into them but a little leery of messing with my steering stops. Tell me it's easy...

·
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Beauregard said:
Yeah, not doing allot of riding right now. I high-sided turn 4 @ Buttonwillow and broke my arm/wrist/elbow so I'm done racing for the rest of the season.

Were you selling the Big-Ass Swampers? If so I'm into them but a little leery of messing with my steering stops. Tell me it's easy...

Very easy, takes mins or less with the right wrenchs.. might be hard with one arm and all but shoot i'll do it for ya. :drive:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts