Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Disco with a 300 TDI engine. I have developed a rattle, this happens when the engine is under load, pulling up hill climbing etc. I thought it was the tappets but checking them out they are fine, no smoke emmissions,
no loss of power,the rattle can not br heard when stationary and appears to be coming from the centre of the car. I have lived with the rattle for a few months now with no deterioration of performance, anybody out there got any ideas it is driving me nuts. cheers MOJO

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Not being familiar with the diesel the only thought I can pas on would be maybe a bad pulley. I know on my Disco, when they started to fail they rattled.
Good luck finding it,
'Mike J.

·
Registered
1 Posts
rattle disco

mojo said:
I have a 97 Disco with a 300 TDI engine. I have developed a rattle, this happens when the engine is under load, pulling up hill climbing etc. I thought it was the tappets but checking them out they are fine, no smoke emmissions,
no loss of power,the rattle can not br heard when stationary and appears to be coming from the centre of the car. I have lived with the rattle for a few months now with no deterioration of performance, anybody out there got any ideas it is driving me nuts. cheers MOJO
Could be your drive shaft coupling worn off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.