Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Australian delivery, 2004 Td5 Disco Classic with !8"/ 255 wheels. I find that it wanders a little at highway speeds when braking, particularly on uneven surfaces. Also, it seems to be thrown around a bit, also at highway speeds, when on less than even sealed surfaces. I have tried different air pressures in the front wheels, but it does not improve. Is there anyone else who has had this experience or knows of a quick fix. The car has done this from new. I also have a 1999 Disco II with 16" wheels, and it has done 210000 k's and is more positive in the steering on the same roads.

· Registered
38 Posts
Paul, I just replaced the Goodyear Wranglers with Kumhos which has vastly improved the handling of my '01 Disco. The Wranglers were noisy and the vehicle did not track. Quite the opposite with the Kumhos. I can actually hear driveline whine and the truck goes where it's pointed and stays on track.

You might first have a look at your tires.

· Super Moderator
743 Posts
I second that. I assume you are runing the GoodYear Wrangler HP's.. Worst tire ever created in my opinion. Replace those, grab a fresh alignment and try it again. I am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.