Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 99 disco 2 with about 110000 miles on it. last week i drove on the highway about 100 miles from gainesville, fl to jacksonville, fl. everything was fine, i went to eat once i was in jacksonville (right off the highway) and when i started going from the resteraunt to my house (1mile at the most ) the water temp guage went to red and beep. i got home shut of the engine and waited for it to cool down. an hour later i added about 32 ounces of water. i didnt drive it for three days and then made the 100 mile trip back to gainesville. everything was fine. i have since made that round trip (200miles) and everything was fine. my mechanic in gainesville said this is a clasic example on a discovery that it needs a new radiator. Just wanted to know if this sounded right. i baught it with 96,000 miles and the guy didnt do the 90000 mile service. so i am guessing the coolant hasnt been changed in a while!
thanks

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Before you go to the expense of changing out a radiator, or replacing parts, give the radiator a good flush out and fill with new coolant, then see how it goes. It could be all that is the problem, or the thermostat could be suddenly faulty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.