Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GREAT SITE ALL!!

I have ordered a Disco3 for January 2006 and im on the hunt for alloy wheels.
I contacted overfinch.co.uk and their 22" Tigers with tyres are a massive 3,500STG!! My dealer had an upgrade to 19" wheels for an extra 2,000euro.
I have searched some sites in the US, but I have no idea if their wheels are good quality. What do i need to look for in terms of size, offset etc..
Is 20" too big? 18" too small?
Any suggestions where i can find a nice set of wheels to suit my Disco?
Living in Ireland..

Regards
Graham

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
remember larger tires especially 22s will affect wheel speed and actually throw a few codes and not permit your vehicle from working right.

Its not recommended. Besides you have to buy the tires and then make sure they fit and dont rub.

Do yourself a favor and stick with what you have. It will be less problems down the road. When your warranty is up then you can switch.

Also too the tires get expensive and so does the rims after they get dented.

·
Registered
1 Posts
better late then never?

Graham -

Did you ever order new rims? I have to get new tires now (@ 25K mi) and found that they are pretty expensive. So I'm thinking of getting larger rims then since the price of 20" tires are half the price of 19's even. My service advisor thought that getting 20's from an RR or RRS would be my best bet, but those are pricey even on Ebay! What route did you go?

Disclaimer; I understand a lot of you are off-road monsters. Please understand I use my vehicle on road more than off. Not that I never take it off road. Thanks for everyone's respect in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.