Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago my trusty,yet sometimes troubled, Disco blew her headgaskets. We've replaced them along with most of the cooling system. The radiator and thermostat were replaced a year before. The day I finished with HG I took it out and drove for an hour or so with no issues. I took it to work the next morning and she left me stranded on the side of the road. I took it out yesterday after getting tired of watching it sit and It ran fine. Heat blew warm and it didn't overheat but it still had the gurgling in the dash. I have tried all the surefire ways to get the air out but to no avail. I once again did a chemical test and it passed that. No coolant in oil and nothing from the muffler. I really want to get this thing running again instead of selling it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
About 2 months ago my trusty,yet sometimes troubled, Disco blew her headgaskets. We've replaced them along with most of the cooling system. The radiator and thermostat were replaced a year before. The day I finished with HG I took it out and drove for an hour or so with no issues. I took it to work the next morning and she left me stranded on the side of the road. I took it out yesterday after getting tired of watching it sit and It ran fine. Heat blew warm and it didn't overheat but it still had the gurgling in the dash. I have tried all the surefire ways to get the air out but to no avail. I once again did a chemical test and it passed that. No coolant in oil and nothing from the muffler. I really want to get this thing running again instead of selling it.
You didn't say why it left you stranded.
I've never had an issue bleeding the system. Open bleed screw, lift overflow tank up and pour. Just don't stop at the first "burp". I pour a crapload in until I'm positive there's no more air. Give it another try.
You say you checked for coolant in the oil, but what about exhaust gasses in the coolant? If the head gasket job didn't take, you could be pumping air into the coolant system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.