Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Land Rover Discovery 2 and recently felt the need to get black rims. I went to the local Discount Tire and they did not have any wheels that fit the bolt patter/size. If you have/had any black wheels that fit the 2000 Model, could you tell me, or send me a link, to where you got them? Thank you!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Used Rover wheels are pretty cheap and plentiful on Cragslist, at least here, pick up a set and paint them yourself. Do you have 16" or 18"?

·
'03 Disco SE
573 Posts
Judging by the use of the phrase "rims" I assume he means performance wheels rather than offroad specialty wheels.

I unfortunately can't point you to any particular website or vendor but I will say be VERY careful when picking out your set. Make sure the weight rating of the new wheels is enough for the Disco as it can weigh over 6000lbs loaded with passengers and gear. Also make sure you have enough tire profile left to absorb bumps and road imperfections. The D2s ride is already fairly stiff, I can't image how bad it would be if it was only riding on low-profile tires. The novelty of new wheels wears off pretty quick if your spine and kidneys take a beating every time you drive.

If you don't have enough tire and hit a pot hole going fast enough it can easily blow through the tire and crush your rim. 5000 lbs at speed means a lot of momentum and the sudden impact can cause your airbags to deploy or can damage steering components making you lose control.

There are places that specialize in aftermarket performance wheels for Land Rovers - do a Google search to find them and give them a call. Whatever they offer is likely to be expensive, but I'm sure it'll work the best with your car.

·
disco biscuit
1,061 Posts
Mine came off a newer model range rover. A guy bent a rim and land rover replaced it but he had to wait a few weeks on order. He didn't wanna ride around on a full size spare with different rim design... Sometimes people have money and no sense. Paid off for me.

Check local classifieds for rims off a range rover, Honda ridgeline and some BMW vehicles I think. The bolt pattern is 5x120mm. You should have already googled that info...I can't remember the back spacing. I would try whatever it is before you get it and research it before hand.

I like a 20 inch rim. Without looking, I think my 275/45/20 is a 30inch or so tire. I bought the rims planning to have a lift right when that set of tires wore...I need one bad. That low profile of a tire is small but just shy of being too dangerous. The sidewall height is very close to being same as stock 18in rim. im just careful and still deflate when I go to the beach... Or pipelines. I run 12psi...then the refill is hugely quick. My plan is to fit a 305/55/20 which is 33 1/2in. Its more than enough sidewall for me and is lighter in aluminum, supreme on the highway, more well built/stable/safe and I can put a 33in street tire on it for $115 then throw 33inch swampers on it or whatever works...street tires interchangeable with a off road tire. I like it. My Goodyear eagles now clean out well. Good enough I thought about not doing anything to it, but I will as soon as I wear that set of tires.

I LIVE 6 OR MORE HRS FROM ROCKY TERRAIN. Consider what options are best for you and do research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.