Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its the start of the rainy season here in Las Vegas, Its rained for 2 days straight and scheduled to rain a few more days, which in Las Vegas, is very rare, almost an entire years supply of rain in a few days. I got in the Disco this morning for a meeting with my college professor and I hit the wiper switch to clear the windshield, and my driver's side wiper just ripped off the rubber liner that molds/separates the windshield and the plenum filter. I turned it off, went out to inspect the what had happened and noticed the wiper arm at its resting place wasn't even on the windshield; it was sitting on the plastic gutter/thing underneath it, while the other was on the windshield. I know that's not normal, do I just pull the arm off and refit it in its correct resting place or is it a defect or something. I have to buy to wiper blades anyway so I might just spend the extra money and convert to Discovery 1 wiper arms if I need a new wiper arm if I cant fix my current ones.

Any helps appreciated.
Dane.

· Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pulled the cap off the wiper arm to find that it was loose, I tried getting getting it off with a socket, it seemed to take forever to take off, I looked at it, stripped. Previous owners must have stripped it somehow, I retreaded it and put a new stainless bolt on it. Now I need new blades, I only found one source (so far) for them, roverparts.com, 35$ for two front and a rear, I'm not sure the quality of them, any other brands I should take a look at?
Thanks again,
Dane.:wave:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.