Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend all terrain tires with off road rims (no lift) ?
Not sure of the terminology but I’ve seen rims/hubs that cover the brakes etc.

thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
What size rims do you currently have? If you have 21'' rims than AT tires I believe are out of the question. If you have the 20's then you have some good options. On 20'' rims you can get 285/55/20 under there with no issue from some people that I've talked to. You might get a slight rub on full lock under articulation if you want to play it safe get 275/55/20 but it's more of a rare size I think than 1st mentioned. Also, what year is your discovery? TuffAnt makes 18'' Alloy Rims that will fit I think MOST disco and RR models and with those you can easily shove 285/60/18 or 275/60/18 under there and get some solid rubber in either a MT or AT. Also, look on Lucky8 there are some other rim options as well some do not work with TPMS but the Alloys I believe do.

·
very disco
2,589 Posts
That’s not quite true. I have a set of LR21s which I’ve been shopping AT tires for. There aren’t nearly as many options as 20” has, and many of the 21” options will be too large for an LR, but there are quite a few options still in the 275-285/45-55/21 size

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s not quite true. I have a set of LR21s which I’ve been shopping AT tires for. There aren’t nearly as many options as 20” has, and many of the 21” options will be too large for an LR, but there are quite a few options still in the 275-285/45-55/21 size
I truly can’t find any 275/45/21 AT wheels. Care to share. Still probably wouldn’t want them anyway since 45 cross section is ZERO fun off road esp when the road gets rocky. It’s a brutal ride currently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What size rims do you currently have? If you have 21'' rims than AT tires I believe are out of the question. If you have the 20's then you have some good options. On 20'' rims you can get 285/55/20 under there with no issue from some people that I've talked to. You might get a slight rub on full lock under articulation if you want to play it safe get 275/55/20 but it's more of a rare size I think than 1st mentioned. Also, what year is your discovery? TuffAnt makes 18'' Alloy Rims that will fit I think MOST disco and RR models and with those you can easily shove 285/60/18 or 275/60/18 under there and get some solid rubber in either a MT or AT. Also, look on Lucky8 there are some other rim options as well some do not work with TPMS but the Alloys I believe do.
thanks for the options. I have a 2020 disco 5 and looking for a new set of AT tires and rims that work with the TPMS.

right now it has 20” rims on 255/55 r20 110.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for the options. I have a 2020 disco 5 and looking for a new set of AT tires and rims that work with the TPMS.

right now it has 20” rims on 255/55 r20 110.
I’d you have the factory 20” rims you can fit 285/55/20 AT tires with little to zero issue. If you wanna play it safe you can do 275/55/20 like BFG KO2, Falken Wildpeaks, Toyo Open County ect. They will be solid. Look up dirtydiscovery on IG. Can you show a pic of your 20s? Would they be for sale?

look at TuffAnt website. They make 18” alloys that fit newer discovery’s and RR and RRS. YOU CAN THEN DO 285/60/18 or 275/60/18 for a nice beefy tire. Lucky8 also has some options like COMP wheels but don’t think they work with TPMS.

LET ME KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT FOE YOUR 20s if you sell them? Silver or black?

·
very disco
2,589 Posts
The Atturo trail blade XTs are available in some 21” sizes. They’re good tires, I had them in 275/45/20 on my old RRS. I liked those tires, but yeah I scratched my rims taking them on the trail lol.

there are ridge grapplers available in 21” size also, but they’re bigger for trucks I think.

then there are some cheapo China tires like radar and others in 21”

I haven’t pulled the trigger for my 21s yet, but I’ll probably revisit atturo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts