Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to bang up my rover pretty bad about a year ago and now I'm finally getting around to patching her up.
The right front fender and rear quarter panel were busted as well as both bumpers, so I have to replace them. The housing for the right headlight I've tried to salvage, as you can see in the image of my progress.
Now I'm looking at taking off the rear quarter panel and I have some questions for you all. My interior upholstery has been drooping, and now I noticed I can access it, as shown in one of the photos.
Do any of you know of some kind of adhesive or something I could put or spray in there to reattach the fabric to the ceiling?
Also, I was wondering what kind of adhesive or sealant they used attaching the rear quarter panel to the car?
If any of you have done repairs like this to your land rover I'd appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
can't re-attach the headliner. only thing to do is pull it out clean it up and apply new liner.
look around and you will find instructions to do it yourself or what i've done in the past is pulled/cleaned the liner and brought it to an upholstery shop. they don't charge much if you have already done all the hard labor.

good luck with the repairs!

·
Registered
518 Posts
3M body sealer. Any body shop supply place will have it. To remove the quarterpanel, remove the interior trim, remove the 3 nuts holding the C pillar finisher on to expose the rivets behind the upper rear door frame. Remove all the screws in the tailgate jam. Your fuel pipe will have to be disconnected. Remove all the bolts around the side window. There are ones to the front, underneath and on the top going into the roof. Do not forget the mudflap bolt and there are one or two at the door jam, one just inside the wheel opening and the other from inside. Best to do this on a hot day, cut the sealer under the rain gutter, carefully pry from the gate jam to break the panel loose and then work your way forward. Install, clean up the mating surfaces, test fit, apply sealant, start at the top bolts first to suck the panel up where it belongs against the rain gutter then work down...These bolts are just past snug, not tight. Finally, apply seam sealer to fill the gap at the gutter, then seal any areas from inside that may not be water tight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I appreciate it!
I'll post an update when I finish up the repairs, still waiting to get the panels painted at the body shop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts