Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm a new member here. However, I've been using the helpful information on this forum for years and appreciate all of your knowledge. I apologize in advance for the lengthy post...

I recently purchased a 2000 Discovery off craigslist. This isn't my first Discovery II so I'm somewhat familiar with their quirks and needs. Anyways, the Rover had been driving great for roughly 100 miles and then my CEL came on. I took it to an auto parts store to have the code/s read and I got a code for a O2 sensor- bank 2 sensor 1 and running lean code. I made the mistake of not getting the exact code number/s (the employee running the scan was oddly in a hurry and not really letting me look at the scan tool screen, so I just noted what he was reading off), I did not have him clear the codes. My plan was to get the truck home and purchase new O2 Sensors....well, roughly 10 miles into my drive home the CEL started flashing and the truck started running really rough and had very little power. I was going roughly 60mph on a state highway. I immediately pulled off and turned the truck off. Felt Like I was having a misfire and the truck was sputtering. I had the Rover towed to my house to start trying to diagnose the issue. I also emailed the previous owner to see if this was something that was happing before or if they knew what might be causing this, they mentioned the intake tube had a patched hole and that might have come open or possibly a MAF issue... Long story short I did find a leak in the intake tube past the MAF Sensor, I replaced this with a spare tube that the previous owner mailed to me...

I got my hands on a scan tool today, these were the codes that came up in order:
1 of 3 P0306 Cylinder 6 misfire detected
2 of 3 P1883 The DTC definition is not available
3 of 3 P0102 Mass or Volume Air Floe Circuit Low Input

P0102 sounds like it could possibly be a MAF sensor failure? Could this possibly cause the truck to misfire on only one cylinder?

Not really sure where to start with these codes. The previous owner said the plugs and wires are new and the truck recently had the head gaskets done (valve covers, intake, etc.) and exhaust gaskets (headers and down pipe). It doesn't seem to be leaking any oil or coolant (yet!)...I'm not one to just start throwing parts at it hoping to fix it. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Also when I did the OBDII scan today there were no codes for running lean or the O2 sensor...I'm about to leave for a trip starting next week so if this ends up being too much of a task I cant handle I'll probably have it taken to a shop.I have three different independent Land Rover garages I could take it to. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
188 Posts
Download The Manual

P0102 Mass or volume air flow low input MAF signal < minimum threshold, which is speed
dependent
P0306 Cylinder 6 misfire detected Injector 6 excess emissions/catalyst damaging level of
misfire
P1883 is a mystery code to many. There other two above have the additional LR description that can help and from the D2 manual in Rave.
land rover service factory manual RAVE download land rover resource, service manual, workshop factory manual, download, rave, vehicles including discovery, series, defender, range rover, freelander, LR3, Handbooks, Catalog, Catalogue, Land Rover Inte

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.