Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I was wondering if anyone here has any information on installing a Discovery II series dashboard into a Range Rover classic? I found one here:

I would like to get some detailed information before going forward with the idea so whoever has any information on the swap I would appreciate the help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Wow, That is a really beautiful work.
A 2 door Classic with all the modern niceties of a 21st Century truck.
Their website and Facebook pages are stunning.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
To answer the question, just buy a late 1995 RRC with the "Soft Dash", close enough to the DI/D2 dash and factory built.

The Rangie on the DII chassis is nice and obviously a lot of work and money has gone into it but would have been a lot nicer with classic style bumpers etc. And it should have much more wood inside. Door panels especially look 'homemade'.

All those 'Brooklands' type one piece body kits makes it just look boy racer cheap. A classic ride cannot be enhanced with modern styling gimmicks.

Have you seen some of the crap they are doing to Defenders in Germany and the UK these days? The Khan design, Nene overland etc. units just look ridiculous.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally agree with you, i would have rather kept the range rover's exterior the way it was originally but damn that interior looks awesome & comfortable. Ive been considering buying a non running 1995 Range Rover to use the complete interior on my 2 door and that way save myself all that trouble. It would probably be easier to go that route and yes I agree with your comment regarding the door panels, they looked cheap and crappy at the same time and its hard to believe that they did such a poor job after doing so many great things on the car.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
RovingBeetle on discoweb is doing that very conversion now on a RRC. His looks like it's going to be extremely nice looking as well.

·
1,854 Posts
Its really a Disco II with a RRC cover.
2 door Classics are my favorite.
Awesome thoe...
Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.