Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone help me I have a 1999 mk 2 disco and the rear near side suspension has collapsed as it is xmas day I cant contact my local dealer for , can anyone throw any light on this matter thankyou M Irving

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I also have a 99 and if I let mine sit for more then a few days, the left rears starts to drop.
Have you tried starting the truck and engaging the lift switch to see what happens?
You could have a leaking bag, leaking o-ring seal at the line, faulty height switch or a leak at the bag.
Try lifting the truck, remember start the truck, put it in gear with the door closed and push the switch.
Let me know what happens.
Mike J.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 99, Mine air bag would leak,but the SLS would make it even up until it was sitting on the bump stops. Had to put new airbags on,as they can't be repaired.
If it works when you push the button, and goes right up,keep the engine running and all doors closed and have a look at the bottom of you airbag,if it looks rusty, it could have worn a tiny hole in there.Theres a steel ring holding the bag on, it rusts. The new ones don't have it. Mine would stay up sometimes for five or six hours, then just go down. sometimes five minutes.
good luck...I know the cost of the bags here in Australia where $650 each and both mine went. :eek:

Quinny

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you spray some soap water on the bag, and while it lift, you will be able to see if it is leaking. I had to replace mine, and had to replace the compressor as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts