Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I just bought a 01 Discovery and due to some "misplacing of materials" - the dealer will be mailing me the owners manual sometime within the week. As a result Im lost as hell trying to figure out how to get my car to work. Ok I admit. Its was kind of fun to sit and play with all the buttons but now its just pissing me off. For instance, the rear jump seats. How do you get them to fold away? When I viewed the car, the seats were folded away. When I picked the car up after I purchased it, one of the seats were facing forward and the other was half way folded down. Now I'm stuck because I don't know how to put the damn thing away. I can't find a lever or button or pulley anywhere. LOL. I swear. Only me. Help me out if ya can.

· Registered
12 Posts
on the back/bottom of the seats there is a round bar.. its twists up and unlocks the seat from the floor.. from there.. the seat bottom turns to the side of the vehicle and locks in place.. to undo that.. list the green lever on the body side of the seat.. viola'!

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhhhhhhhh it worked! Thanks for your help! I have another quick question though:

One of my seats is still folded down and I am unable to lift the back part up. I know that the lever on the right side allows you to fold and unfold the seat however on one of my seats the lever seems to be stuck. Is there a lock that could possiblly be preventing me from lifting my seat up? I'm not sure if the thing is broke of if I don't know what Im doing. The latter is probably more likely.

· Registered
209 Posts
It can be really frustrating to get those seats perfectly flat and locked into place. Just keep on slamming it into the floor bracket and trying to straighten the seat back. Eventually it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.