Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had my 94 County for 4 months now, and has not run the majority of the that time. Problem after problem! Now I need a complete distributor! I have found all the components to rebuild mine, but figure i'll go all new as a prevention. I've been reading in a few spot about a Mallory distributor for the injected Rangies. Has anyone tried this? Does the Mallory use the amplifier module or have it's own?????? Part numbers?

Basically any distributor info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mallory Dist.

Not a Rover fix but I have had good luck with Mallory Distributors
I installed a Mallory on my '73 landcruiser FJ40 and the F motor runs much better than the OE Dist. Of course the original dist, had points so it had to run better with electronic ignition, but none the less the Mallory has proven to be great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
call mallory. they will give you the part number.

or go to their site and click around a bit.. it is there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
azpaquin said:
or go to their site and click around a bit.. it is there.

Well, I rarely have time to call them during there hours. I have checked out there website to find no info on a direct swap distributor. I believe there is a Mallory dist. that will work, but other componets are needed for the custom application.

So, if anyone has done this or has an idea of what is needed to make a mallory dist one with the Rangie ECU feel free to explain it here

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where did you locate the parts for the rebuild? I have a bad dizzy that I need to rebuild as well. If your interested I also have a good dizzy from a 94 D1 in perfect condition which I would sell.

Checkout www.get-rhino.com and let me know if I can help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts