Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading an article in the British Sunday Times ( 15/1/06) a guy with a SII Range Rover was complaining of having to replace his short engine because it had a porous cylinder block ( manifest by drinking coolant but no white smoke as in head gasket). Is this problem apparent with SI 1998 Discoveries?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info lads, PAVEL just for clarity here's the text of the article I'm talking about. This is the motoring correspondents response;
" The Series II Range Rover ( 1994-2001 ) came in a 4 litre and 4.6 litre version. There is a known problem with the larger engine. Some are prone to developing a porous cylinder block. The problem normally becomes apparent through a huge appeite for coolant but without any of the usual head gasket symptoms, typically at the 50,000 mile mark"
Any way if the Disco I is okay I'll sleep better tonight, may be I should kick this up to the Range Rover Forum and give those rich kids up there that sinking feeling!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.