Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LR3 SE V8, 1956 86" S1, 1967 SIIA NADA 109
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if someone is making any Ditch Light brackets for the LR3? I'd really prefer to not have to make my own.
Thanks

·
very disco
1,842 Posts
Forgive me, but what’s a ditch light? Is that front mount or roof mount?

Reactions: sevenrover

·
Registered
2007 LR3 SE V8, 1956 86" S1, 1967 SIIA NADA 109
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgive me, but what’s a ditch light? Is that front mount or roof mount?
No Problem. Seems that they are available for pretty much every other make except LR. It's easy for Defenders and Series, but for any other rover, especially with the crazy hood hinge setup for the LR3, it's much more difficult. They sit near the bottom of the A pillar, and should be aimed bout 45 degrees away from the car. Providing much better navigation/area light when you're route finding/ driving backroads at night. Here's a picture of a setup for a 3rd Gen Tacoma.

·
very disco
1,842 Posts
oh. yeah. that's a dilly of a pickle. you could use something similar to the firestik mounts which protrude from the split between hood and fender:

although, those would be decidedly "external" to the vehicle and subject to branches and swiping. I think that an underhand mount as pictured would impact the windshield when popping the hood? maybe you could do like the police do here and embed them in the side view mirrors? they look pretty badass:

I've seen many universal a-pillar mounted options, but the LR3 pillar is just a plastic shroud clipped to the body, and it would be difficult to secure with any confidence

there are also some neat, semi-recessed light pods, but those and everything else have a great degree of permanence associated with the install

1 - 4 of 4 Posts