Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about those of you who have put in 3 inch springs, did you guys also change the shock mounts? I was wondering if it made much of a difference? I also wanted to know was it hard to put in new shock mounts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Probably not.

If you decide to relocate your rear shock mounts I would have someone weld them in place for you, even after you drill and bolt them to the frame. Then you need to make sure that the rear shocks have the extra travel that you are looking for in the relocation. You might want to get some aftermarket shock towers for the front because when you get the stock ones off you will see how thin and flimsy they are. I didn't want to build a rock crawler, but I have owned many 4x4s including a Land Cruiser FJ40. Nothing I have owned has preformed this well. I am older and wiser, warmer and dryer in the Discovery. It drives better on the street over the stock suspension with 100,000 miles on it to! I am running the 3" big blue springs and Monroe shocks from www.dap-inc.com

Here's what mine looked like after the lift. I am running 245/75/16's
http://pics.montypics.com/scrhodes/2005-04-28/1114700755_104_0450_img.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.