Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking at a new Range Rover Sport and would like to know how capable they are on steep hills with mud and snow. We have a drive that is about 200 yards long and about a 30% grade. Our Audi hasn’t been able to make it up when it is muddy/snow. We have slick red clay mud. Our Expedition has no problem in 4 Low, and motors right up.
None of the dealers have anything with the off road package, but they all tell me I won’t need it.
what is everyone’s experience with this type of terrain? We don't plan on off roading more than this.

·
Duff
5 Posts
I took my 2007 LR3 off road one weekend with a group from a local dealership. My tires were original and well worn, ready to be replaced. I forgot to put the truck into low range and climbed a steep grade in mud and snow mode with now problems. I saw some Evoque's go thru some nasty trails without low range. See if you can get the dealer to let you take a loner home on a nasty weekend end and try it out. They are awesome vehicles. You won't be disappointed.

·
1,783 Posts
We are looking at a new Range Rover Sport and would like to know how capable they are on steep hills with mud and snow. We have a drive that is about 200 yards long and about a 30% grade. Our Audi hasn’t been able to make it up when it is muddy/snow. We have slick red clay mud. Our Expedition has no problem in 4 Low, and motors right up.
None of the dealers have anything with the off road package, but they all tell me I won’t need it.
what is everyone’s experience with this type of terrain? We don't plan on off roading more than this.
They are very cable trucks. If you can find a pair of LR3 18" rims/wheels and replace tires with 255 60 18's AT's you will have more of an advantage. They are good with street tires, but AT's make them better. You can keep the 19's for the street and use the 18's for off road. Or get winter tires for the 19's you already have.
Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
As an off-road myself it almost seem a pointless question. :) they go anywhere! I can understand you reservations though given the cost of the vehicle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts