Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Ok, here is a RockStar bumper, what do you think of the shape of the brush bar? NOT the bumper but the brush bar alone. Does it give the coverage needed? is there room for two Hellas and the winch?

Hmmm ok, how about a crossmember through the A frame piece so the lights can mount from below vs the top and also give clearance for the winch etc..??

http://www.summitdaily.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summit_County,_Colorado

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, here is a RockStar bumper, what do you think of the shape of the brush bar? NOT the bumper but the brush bar alone. Does it give the coverage needed? is there room for two Hellas and the winch?

Hmmm ok, how about a crossmember through the A frame piece so the lights can mount from below vs the top and also give clearance for the winch etc..??

Breckenridge & Summit County Colorado | SummitDaily.com News

Summit County, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Easy as Pie .. The lights would be fairly close together, but no worries.

Take Care,
-Nate

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Easy as Pie .. The lights would be fairly close together, but no worries.

Take Care,
-Nate
Thanks Nate, you are the best!

I think we should name this model the "Alpine Bumper" model number 5280
;)

I am soooooooooo excited!

Adding Bottorf to the Christmas list! Get ready for my famous P-nut Brittle! Only one tooth has been chipped to date!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
How heavy are those bumpers with a winch, steel cable and roller fair lead? It looks like it would be very heavy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks Nate, you are the best!

I think we should name this model the "Alpine Bumper" model number 5280
;)

I am soooooooooo excited!

Adding Bottorf to the Christmas list! Get ready for my famous P-nut Brittle! Only one tooth has been chipped to date!
You've got it, when it's done and we've got pictures on the truck I'll put it up as exactly that. As for the P-Nut Brittle, bring it on! I've got a good dentist.

Take Care,
-Nate

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
So the bumper itself weighs in at around 120lbs? I suppose you could lighten up the winch with a synthetic line and hawser fair lead when funds allow. But that is not as heavy as I thought, still heavy but considering the size and the design it is a lot lighter than some I have looked at. I'm looking forward to seeing the end product.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think it looks awesome. Besides why make it heavier if you don't need to. Every chance you get to improve milage... :beer::beer: Like a couple of the reply's stated, if it improves the approach angle and you likeit, run it.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I think it looks awesome. Besides why make it heavier if you don't need to. Every chance you get to improve milage... :beer::beer: Like a couple of the reply's stated, if it improves the approach angle and you likeit, run it.
Thanks xj!

I am looking forward to seeing the end result.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts