1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
590 Posts
No.

Do you have Lucas or Bosch wiring?

· Registered
590 Posts
champagnerange said:
I have a 99 disco II, and it seems that the last few days, there is about a 2 second delay from when I hit the turn signal switch, and the time they actually go on. Is this normal?

No.

Do you have Lucas or Bosch wiring?

· Registered
590 Posts
This is what I meant.

1999 and a half and older have the old school Lucas wiring.

1999 and a half and newer have Bosch.

Lucas sucks.

Thats why I bought a 2000. Wanted to make sure I had Bosch wiring.

Open your hood and look around to see if you have any Bosch stickers on anything.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I didn't see any bosch stickers. The sticker shows it was made in 6/99. So I guess I have the Lucas wiring. What type of problems can I expect? The blinker thing doesn't seem to do it all the time. I just wonder why it is doing it.

· Registered
590 Posts
All I can say is when we first started looking at Land Rovers we were looking at 98 on Range Rovers and we learned a lot from Land Rover dealers and owners that that basicly said that Lucas was crap. Windows rolling down on there own, windshiled wipers going fast, slow fast, radios not working....
Just wiring problems.
Not to scare you, but this is why I bought a 2000 series II.
My wife has since decided not to buy her Rangie and go with Lexus because they are flawless.

Maybe you have a bad relay for your signals.
If it was a fuse, it would either work, or not.

· Registered
33 Posts
Last winter my 99-1/2 Disco 2 had similar problems. Turn signals wouldn't come on at all until the cabin warmed up for a while. Dealer said the switch contacts were worn enough so that when it was cold they contracted and expanded enough to work when it warmed up. New turn signals required replacing the entire stalk and ran over $300 for the part! They worked fine all summer, next winter I'll just turn the heat up or stick my arm out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.