Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 SE7. Rumble to idle. SES on. Putting order in for new O2s. Wondered if I need MAF as well (know to get a matching Bosch).

Here's codes:
p0130 - O2 Bank S 1
p0171 - Too Lean Bank 1
p1171 - ?
P0174 - Too Lean Bank 2

p0300 - Multiple misfires
p0303 - Cylinder 3 misfire
p0305 - Cylinder 5 misfire

Thanks!

· Registered
242 Posts
5 and 3 spark off different coils, so probably ok there.

I would look at the wires for the misfires, coolant from the throttle body heater likes to get on these two and dry them out.

For the lean/O2 sensor, without having real time info, I would probably start with a couple new upstream O2 sensors, and go forward from there, after the misfire issue is taken care of.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting. Simply checked for arcing under the hood last night in the dark. Several cynlinders were lit up/glowing bright around the plugs, had a wire arcing to the dipstick, had several wires arcing and collectively bouncing a charge down the whole length of valve cover. More than one wire was brightly glowing the whole length of the wire.

Then checked under shop light, and didnt see any damage to wires. Just assuming they're crap and went ahead and ordered a set of 8mm Kinsgbourne.

Already ordered new front O2 sensors. Will also get a set of new sparkplugs to boot (more research/reading) and will go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.