Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my Defender leans slightly to the left. Not dramatically but noticeable nontheless and you can feel it when driving. It doesn't pull to the left at all, even under braking, it's just that it doesn't actually sit level. Any idea what might have caused this?

·
Wheeler
1,843 Posts
By OME I mean Old Man Emu (as opposed to OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer). Reason I ask is that OME springs are 'handed', to compensate for differense in vehicle weight driver to passenger side (assuming no passenger, I guess). Why they do this I don't know but it's not a very popular feature, causing as it does what many refer to as the "Disco Lean". In your case, it may be the Defender Lean. That's one possible explanation.

If you bought the vehicle used you may have other things going on.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have had two sets of after market springs OME and another Aussie brand Enforcer,
Both ended up with the lean to the left after about 6 months in the vehicle. If OME springs are fitted by an authoriused agent then they are measured after installing and then after 1000 k's you take it back to be remeasured if it's is leaning then they fix it. Doesen't help if it has been six months they were not that interested in helping me. When I installed the spring spacers a while ago I put the right hand spring from the enforcers into the left and left the right hand spring OME in the right. Fixed the problem handeling is back to better than stock and there is no more lean.The thing that anoyed me about the lean is the spring on that side of the vehicle was softer on compresion than the right the test was done with shocks disconected.
Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.