Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First post so pls forgive me if something is not up to snuff. I have purchased a 'second hand' bar type dog guard from FB market. It is OEM LR brand with the sticker & part # still on it (was never installed by previous owner). It came with all of the mounting hardware, still new & sealed, but it did not come with the cardboard template to show where to drill the holes/ make cut outs in panel for the brackets to fit into. I have searched the web far & wide to try & find a picture of the template, or detailed measurements for where to make the holes. I found a couple photos that were close to what I am needing, and used them to estimate where the holes are supposed to go... so I went for it on one side, and totally goofed it, cut the whole in the panel for it to only be in the wrong spot, and evidently not even close enough to the right spot, because I was unable to see right spot after looking into the hole I cut with a flashlight. So to avoid anymore unnecessary cutting on my beloved Disco, I am going to need some detailed photos or measurements to get it installed properly. I am a university student & I am trying to go home for Thanksgiving but do not want to do so until I can get this installed to keep my dog wrangled in the rear, so I appreciate any info advance, & any timely responses particularly appreciated. If someone is able to help feel free to email me @ ckdwooten @ g m a i l. com (just spaced it out to prevent any bots from obtaining email)

·
G4 Mike
141 Posts
Try making a cardboard template of the barrier and see if you can put tape on the panels to premark the holes. Then dry fit the real panel and see if you are close.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where are you ? I actually have a new dog guard that I just installed, and I have these paper templates new sitting in the garage. The whole reason I bought a new one is I couldn't find these templates anywhere btw.

Happy to Xerox them in 1:1 size without distortion on 11x17 paper and send to you. (I worry about PDFing etc and emailing because the sizing could be off).

I need mine here on hand ultimately because I haven't actually cut my panels. I was impatient and wanted to see the guard in the car, so I simply bolted it into the grab handle holes since it was getting dark. I was going to use the templates this coming weekend holiday and get the panels cut out.

But you could easily do what I did to get you going on your trip. Just install without the panels temporarily. Mine are sitting in our guest bedroom driving family insane.

See pic. You have all the mounting bits for up there, correct? DM/PM me too I'll help.

Sully the Labrador approves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where are you ? I actually have a new dog guard that I just installed, and I have these paper templates new sitting in the garage. The whole reason I bought a new one is I couldn't find these templates anywhere btw.

Happy to Xerox them in 1:1 size without distortion on 11x17 paper and send to you. (I worry about PDFing etc and emailing because the sizing could be off).

I need mine here on hand ultimately because I haven't actually cut my panels. I was impatient and wanted to see the guard in the car, so I simply bolted it into the grab handle holes since it was getting dark. I was going to use the templates this coming weekend holiday and get the panels cut out.

But you could easily do what I did. Just install without the panels temporarily. See pic. You have all the mounting bits for up there, correct? DM/PM me too I'll help.

Sully the Labrador approves.

View attachment 92589
I appreciate the reply, that would be great. Sully looks a great companion. I am in AL. Yes I have all mounting hardware. I also do not have the rear handles (5 seater) so it makes it particularly hard to gauge where to make initial hole/cut in the upper panel for brackets.

Have you been happy with the bar type, over the mesh type I think my dog is going to like being able to put his snout ‘into to the cab’, & since I do not have the rear A/C that’ll be good for him.

Will send DM

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cool - yep - bar type is great. I had mesh type in my LR3/LR4'/RRS trucks over the years and it made the rear feel, IDK, a bit claustrophobic. I prefer the bars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Following up. I installed the dog guard thru the rear side panels this weekend using the template. It worked... perfectly, no guesswork. Was surprised how easy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Attached is the LR template for the dog guard install in the D2. I attached a PDF and a PNG. Rectangle Parallel Black-and-white Square

You use it on one side, then fold it over the other way for the other side (mirror image).

Note: When I print this from my scan, it keeps printing slightly smaller. Not sure if a PDF or Printer setting or what, but I included exact dimensions on the diagram so that you can reduce and enlarge when you print to make it the exact size. (which is important)

Again: If you simply hit print on this, I think it prints out a slightly different size. You will need to resize.

Enjoy.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts