Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 2005 LR3 with a door latch problem. My rover seems to think the fron passenger door is always open even when it is closed. A message on the dash states that the door is open but it is not. I have replaced the door latch and continue to get the same message. This causes me to not be able to lock the doors with my remote which is a pain in the butt.

Any suggestions? I know the sensor is built into the latch and it is brand new. I am stumped.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Hi, check where the loom enters from body into the door , they used to get chaffed there or bad contact within the latch's plug...if no joy it's a wiring issue between the latch switch and the BCU and you'll need a knowledgeable electrician to trace that

Reactions: sap0003

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion. I cleaned all of the contacts on the plug when I replaced it and still the same results. It worked for about 10 minutes when I put the new latch in then went right back to the original problem. I really hope it is not a wiring problem. That could be expensive!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.