Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a few of the posts in the forum on malfunctioning door locks, and wanted to know if anyone know if my problem would be the actuator or a spring needing replaced. My issue is the door lock on the rear door and the passenger front door will not unlock. When I press the unlock button on the key fob or inside on the dash, all of the other doors unlock except for those tow. When I try to pull the lock up by hand, it pops back down like a magnet or spring is pulling it. The only way I can unlock those doors is by manually opening the doors by pulling the door handles from the inside. Thanks in advance for your help. Bryan

·
Registered
73 Posts
You need to just replace the door latch on the doors that won't open. I had the same problem with my d2 and they are notorious for failing. Save yourself some time and frustration and just replace the latch. each door in and out ina about an hour and a half.

Here is a link on how to do it.

http://www.landyzone.co.uk/lz/f8/discovery-2-changing-door-lock-actuators-156079.html

I started with my rear door to get a feel for how to change it. The other door require to pull up the window frame.

Hope this helps
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.