Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '06 LR3 and the recently and sporadically, the alarm will go off due to thinking that the left rear door is open. I'm assuming that the door sensor is going bad like I've read the hood sensor will go bad and do this. Does this sound correct? Has anyone had this happen? Is this an easy fix? Thanks in advance for all advice.

Wes
SLC, UT

·
Former LR tech, Albany NY
2,437 Posts
The only way to know for sure is to check alarm events. but most of the time the bonnet switch goes bad. Are you sure its completely shutting or not. if it is then you can put a new switch in, really cheap and not expensive. if its still doing it take it to the dealer to get the alarm events read to make sure what door it is cause its an entire latch.

·
Registered
649 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. All I currently know is that when the alarm goes off, I can look in and see the wording that the left rear door is open. This happens very infrequently, but it has happened at least half a dozen times and is always the same wording and the door is always completely shut.

Thanks,

Wes

·
Registered
649 Posts
Left rear door sensor thinks door is not shut.

I would say that you at least know where the problem is. My guess is that the left rear door sensor is dirty/sticking etc and thinks the door is not completely shut. On the wiring diagram link below, that is switch S130 on page 225 of the pdf that you can download and print out if you wish.

You may just try spraying something like WD40 into the latch area as that is an easy first step. Ultimately the door card would have to be removed and the switch cleaned or replaced. The switch is supposed to ground the sensor circuit when the door is properly closed.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/15405/LR3_Door_Lock_wiring_diagrams_p_222_to_226.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2009 lr3 it thinks the passengers door is open when it is fully closed and wont let the suspension work properly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the advice. All I currently know is that when the alarm goes off, I can look in and see the wording that the left rear door is open. This happens very infrequently, but it has happened at least half a dozen times and is always the same wording and the door is always completely shut.

Thanks,

Wes

Thanks,

Wes
My '06 lr3 started having the same problem on the driver's side front. If you don't mind sharing, did you ever solve yours with a simple fix or did you have to install a new latch system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '06 LR3 and the recently and sporadically, the alarm will go off due to thinking that the left rear door is open. I'm assuming that the door sensor is going bad like I've read the hood sensor will go bad and do this. Does this sound correct? Has anyone had this happen? Is this an easy fix? Thanks in advance for all advice.

Wes
SLC, UT
My hood switch was the culprit. Go off in the mornings when the sun heated up the hood.
Ben C

·
very disco
649 Posts
+1 for the hood switch. Mine is currently disconnected and shorted with a paper clip to keep the alarm happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts