Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to change the oil for the first time on my D2. Noticed the rave says to discard the drain plug washer/seal and replace with new. Is this a special item, or can I pick one up at local hardware store? I noticed the same on the transmission drain as well.

I don't want to start til I know I have this. Don't need to be stranded!

2004 D2 126,000 miles
(Just purchased in the last 2 months)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
I am still using the original washer on my tranny and oil pan, all that is required is to remove the old washer turn it up side down and put it back on the plug.
How mechanical are you, have you read my major service list posted at the top of this section, especially on the front drive shaft replacement? what oil and brand of oil filter are you planning on using?
At your mileage, all of this should be done, any questions give me a shout.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Mr Mike. I've read your service list multiple times, and I'm working thru it as budget allows. I have a coolant leak so I'm planning to do a t/stat and hose replacement as my first major mod (180 degree). The driveshaft is probably second, as I don't go off road a ton right now. Working on making sure all the fluids are clean and up to date right now.

I'd consider myself mechanical enough to do everything on your list. Any issues, I have some friends and this forum!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Good way to go, use at least a 10/40 oil and consider the Mobil 1-301 over the K&N, it is made by the same company as the K&N usually a few dollars less and quite often you can buy it as a package 5 quarts of Mobil 1 and a filter for around $32.
Do the drive shaft first, if it fails and better then 50% of them do, it will take out your tranny also.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Bill makes an awsome drive shaft and the HD version is not required

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.