Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin of running these bad boys in the flavour of 31x12.50R16 in the future.

Problem is it says it recommends a 16x10 Rim. Where can one get a set of those puppies?

The next size up is availiable to fit a 16x8 rim, but its a 33, which is too big for me at the moment.

Thoughts? I love these tires. They work great around here.

·
Majesticdisco1
1,248 Posts
I love boggers too:buttrock::cool:! however if your truck is daily driven:drive:. They will wear fast

I would suggest maybe a super swamper trxus mud terrain.

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These will only be put on for special occasions. I'll be running the 18's for daily driving.

Its just a matter of finding 16x10 rims.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did some research and I think you may be almost completely out of luck. Wheels in a 16x10 flavor are common but not in a 5x6.5" bolt pattern.

Your options are to get some custom wheel spacers with a bolt circle adapter, which is completely impractical for your application or to modify the truck to run the 33" tires.

If you're willing to spent over 1k$ on tires for off-roading, especially serious tires like those, you should just look into the minimum modifications to run them. The kind of terrain those beasts are designed for require some serious vehicles.

That's just my 2¢, I'm no expert :D

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i thought i saw somewhere that chevy s10 and camaro rims fit the bolt pattern for a DII.

If so, then there are plenty of rim options out there for you.

Search around for people using chevy rims on p38's and DII's

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a 2" OME Heavy Duty Lift Right Now. Shoulda probably mentioned that yeah, I have a DII.

Yeah these tires run on pretty serious rigs, but on some pretty normal ones too. We have ALOT of mud around here. No so much deep mud, just alot of it.

A chap here recommended that I might look into 1" spacers for wheels that wide. He said I'd have to work out some kinda fenderflare to keep it legal, but he said it helps with turning radius.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Boggers are not that brilliant on harder surfaces, like clay. They also have begger all sideways grip. They are mainly designed for plowing your way through soft surfaces.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
How do I start a new thread?

New to the forum. Can someone tell me how to start a new thread? I absolutely cannot figure out how to do it.

Thanks

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont see why this tire wont fit on a 16x8 Rim. The manufacturer mentions recommended 16x10. I see shops all over the place selling them on 16x8 rims.

They work wicked on the ol YJ in the flavour of 35x14.50R15. It was more for mud and softer stuff like you say. I'd Ideally like to run a BFG mud terrain, but I might give these a go on the rover first.

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I confirmed that these tires in 31x12.50 do fit an 8" rim.

So now alls i need is a set of 15 or 16x8 Steelies and Im set to go.

I think Im going to throw another set of Geolanders on my 18" rims for city driving. I like the ride. The other choice is toyo open country A/T's.

blah blah blah.:buttrock:

·
Registered
389 Posts
If they are just for offroad consider the LTB TSLs. They come in a variety of sizes as well and are MUCH cheaper. IMHO, 31 inch anything isnt going to do too much. The 34x10.50 LTBs are what I run on my hybrid, but next will be the 35x 10.50 boggers. Gordo

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the 31 inch bogger will suit me fine. If it doesnt work out, I'll just buy something else - theres a big enough market for boggers here.

Im thinkin I might try running a 15 inch rim.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
the 34x10.50 isn't really a 34" tires. It's more like a 32" - 33". Why put 31's on your disco? You can fit a 32 or 33 easily.
x2

I just went with 33's and I like them a lot(on a RRC):D I can't imagine going back to my 31's now...

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Because the work required to install the 33's requires substantually more money and time.

Not that Im cheap, Im just allowing a set budget and amount of things to get done to the rover this year.

·
Rover-Holic and Admin
7,895 Posts
Not that Im cheap,
I am! :wave: I've learned to find good used parts to do my mods. I don't think one thing I have modded on my rig has been new. Short of the steering stabilizer:D

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah on my rover its like its all new parts, or repaired by myself. On my sports car, everything is 2nd hand or discarded to me.

·
2002 Discovery II SE
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone know where I can get:

Larger Fender Flares for the DII - because I think I may need em

And a set of 16x8 rims for a reasonable cost because shipping is an arm and a leg from USA. Unless someone knows a place in Soviet Canuckistan. That is canada of course.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts