Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Bleeds Green
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, I've got some driveline bearing noise on my RRS. It sounds like it's under the back seat or footwell as I drive along and it's very constant. I changed the fluids in my diffs and transfer case last year. The transfer case had the right amount of fluid in it and it was fairly clean. I replaced the fluid and added some Archoil AR9100. There was no change in the sound so I don't think it's the transfer case. Having dealt with a similar issue on other vehicles and serviced the transfer case, I now suspect the driveshaft carrier bearing. I don't feel any vibration so I think the rubber is mostly intact but it does sound like the bearings themselves are failing. I've got 153k on my Range so it's about the right time for it to give up. I saw a write-up on replacing it on an LR3 and it looks like a pig of a job. I have a full-height lift at home and am not afraid to get dirty so I think I can do it, but thought I'd ask here before I start following the LR3's instructions.

Is my driveshaft and bearing the same as the LR3? Has anyone replaced one on an L320? What might the shop time be if I took it to an indy shop?

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts