Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 03, I keep having a wet driver side floor..with fairly light rain and the car sitting (no driving), no AC/heat in use, etc...

I've pulled the headliner and resealed all the sunroof drains points - nothing's leaking out of there. I've cleared the tubes with compressed air and could hear air flowing from the outlets...

I pulled the cowl and noticed some cracks on each end, so i'm going to fix that up. In the meantime I have heavy plastic sheeting taped to the windshield to keep rain out of that cowl area. It hasn't really been raining hard at all, but I still have a wet carpet in the drivers side left area.

The door panels have been off and I've kept an eye on windshield/glass areas that have been dry. Am I missing something else? I didn't take the drivers side kick panel off - does the sunroof drain go through there and perhaps it's damaged?

If there's anything else I should do with the cowl off, sealing wise, I'd like to give it a shot..

Thanks,
Pete

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Check out that too(off course on the affected side)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it - thanks! I sealed up that area today, just in case. I used silicone, but was tempted to try the spray leak Rustoleum stuff, just to see if that would do a better job...wasn't sure how well it held up for extended periods of time, though.

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.