Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 99 RR and the driver's door appears to be superlocked? Won't open from inside or outside. The lock / lock actuator sounds like it is working and the door lock is going up and down, yet it won't open. Can someone smarter than me help? I'm too old to keep sliding out the passenger seat. Also, that looks really cool when you pull up in your nice new RR and then can't get out. PLease help!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Sounds like the actuator is broken and although it is making noise and going up and down, it is not unlocking the door. Not a common problem and is it possible, yes. What to do about it, I don't know.
Mike J.

·
Premium Member
16,594 Posts
Not if the actuator connector to the lock itself is broken.
Mike J.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rockford, I have a brand new Range Rover Supercharged and the drivers door froze last week. Completely shut me out - the lock moved with the key and the 'button' also raised and lowered. But I could not open it.

The only solution was a visit to the dealer and they had it for four hours to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Neilda:
Thank you for your response. I guess warranty is nice to have!!!!!!! It looks like I will have to take it to the dealer. I hate taking rigs to dealers ($)

Thanks again,

Rockford :complain:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.