Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the most likely cause for a damp floor carpet on the driver's side? The moisture doesn't feel oily and it does not smell so I am guessing it is water. I have not washed it in weeks but it rained very hard last week. Windows and sunroofs are all buttoned up but it got in somehow. Passenger side feels dry.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sunroof drains need attention most likely will start to smell of mildew I had the same but in the passenger back seat

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
I agree on the the sunroof drain tubes, likely runs down the inside of the windshield at the "a" post corner. Be cautious. If this is left un repaired you can run into electrical problems in the fuse panel from water damage and may even rot the floor pan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you both for the replies. I am going to clear the drains (compressed air is probably the best method??) however I noticed this morning before leaving for work the carpet was only slightly damp. I removed the floor mat and left the front windows open during the work day in an attempt to help dry the carpet. By the time I got home the carpets were very wet. No rain today and I used the windshield washers and a/c. Any possibility the moisture is related to the use of the washers or a/c? Thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a AC drain that run down the console left drain tube I totally forgot about that yes most likely the AC water exit

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks brooksa. So.....the drains get clogged, back up and water gets under the carpet? Brilliant design! Would you point me in the right direction or describe what I should be looking for? I looked on the underside of the vehicle this morning and did not find anything that resembled a drain. Also.....the passenger side carpet is wet as well.

It's amazing a vehicle built in the 21st century could have such a poor system to allow moisture to collect on the inside.......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks brooksa. So.....the drains get clogged, back up and water gets under the carpet? Brilliant design! Would you point me in the right direction or describe what I should be looking for? I looked on the underside of the vehicle this morning and did not find anything that resembled a drain. Also.....the passenger side carpet is wet as well.

It's amazing a vehicle built in the 21st century could have such a poor system to allow moisture to collect on the inside.......
The front sunroof drains are under the vehicle tucked up under the frame rail.

See image below.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you borchera! Would you know where the a/c drain is also? I will un-clog both at the same time. Thanks to all again.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry I've been offline for a bit but the drains are in the trans tunnel, look for two black nipples and pull them off, watch out if that's the problem a lot of nasty water coming your way!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sunroof drain

Check the sunroof drain elbow located to the left of the hood release. i had the same problem and it was torn and leaking right onto my driver's side carpet. Easy fix.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and thanks for the heads up on the nasty water!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.