Land Rover and Range Rover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings, my wife's 97 lse stalled out in the middle of the highway on Friday. Had it towed to a shop a few miles away that found it wasn't getting fuel. Got it towed home and replaced the fuel filter and pump but it still isn't getting any fuel to the engine. The pump is getting power and its most certainly priming but the rail is still dry. The truck has 160k on it and it isn't throwing any codes.

Thank you in advance for any advice, I'm really hoping it's something I've overlooked. Is there any specific areas I should check before I order new lines?

-Joe

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
My first check would be inertia switch on firewall.
How are you sure it is getting power? Is it getting power and ground?
If it is getting power is it good current? Try a load on the circuit. A simple test is something like an old headlight ( working of course). hook the light to power and ground of the fuel pump circuit. it should light up nice and bright. If it does there is no reason the circuit shouldn't run the pump.

·
Administrator
2,423 Posts
Lines are usually different sizes and even if you try to pump backwards you will likely get fuel to the rail, ? Thoughts? Im not sure of the fuel regulator location on a d1. Why are you thinking " replace lines" ? You Could try and confirm it will run on another fuel source (propane, non chlorinated aerosol brake clean) confirm the 3 basics , mechanical, spark, fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.